Contact Us / Request Appointment
Questions? Comments? Need to Set Up a Consultation or Book an Appointment?
Call (217) 698-8607 or Send Us a Message Below
4525 W. Wabash Ave. Suite 2
Springfield, IL 62711
Frequently asked questions
Dr. Sherry Simmons welcomes your questions about the cosmetic procedures that are offered at Body Perfect. Please note: The best way to find out which services would best suit you and your needs is through a personal consultation with Dr. Simmons.
At least six treatments are usually needed every two to four months. Since hair grows in stages, we need to treat the hair at various stages in the cycle.
Enhanced Skin Rejuvenation is great for removing sun spots, uneven pigment tones, vessels and redness. It also helps reduce lines & wrinkles, helps pores look smaller and tightens sagging skin. Enhanced Skin Rejuvenation is a personal treatment that addresses the individual needs of each client. There is no downtime for this procedure.
With the topical numbing medicine and small needle, you feel very little with the injections.
There are several different kinds of lasers and each one targets a specific area or problem.
- A green light laser works in the epidermis and upper dermis to correct the following problems:
- Acne-requires at least 4 treatments twice a week. The laser light targets the bacteria that causes the acne lesion and kills it.
- Rosacea– may be just redness and vessels on the skin or may have associated papules and pustules. The laser targets the small vessels and the lesions, after three or more treatments, antibiotics and gels are usually not required!
- Facial Veins– virtually disappear with one or more laser treatments.
- Enhanced Skin Rejuvenation– gives your skin a new life by reducing vessels, uneven pigment such as sun spots and stimulating your body’s own collagen production.
- The infra-red light laser penetrates deeper, working in the deep dermis and connective tissue layers. It is used for:
- Hair Removal– which can be preformed on all skin types and all areas of the body.
- Leg Veins– up to 4mm in size can be treated successfully with the laser.
- Wrinkle Reduction/Collagen Stimulation– is an intensive treatment with the laser that triggers one’s own collagen and elastin production, reducing deep lines, sagging skin, large pores and eliminating fine lines.
- An ablative laser works on the surface layers of the skin. It is used for uneven texture, including:
- Acne Scars– which can be smoothed out with laser peels. The downtimeis minimal and the result is amazing.
- Moles, and Skin Tags– are removed gently to there is little or no scarring.
- Laser Peels– slough off the surface dead skin, leaving skin radiant.
- Fractional CO2 Laser can address the signs of aging and give near surgical results with minimal downtime.
Although lasers are new and sometimes the varieties seem overwhelming, Dr. Simmons and the staff at Body Perfect are informed and able to answer your questions. Our goal is to educate you and to give you the look you want, so that you can be your best.
Cosmetic procedures are not usually covered by insurance. However, you may sometimes use your supplemental insurance plan. Dr. Simmons will write a letter, if requested, to explain your treatment, which can be submitted by you to the insurance company.
Every procedure hurts to varying degrees, but Body PerfectTM uses topical numbing and other medications to minimize the pain. The serene environment of our spa – such as the calming scent of lavender, soothing music and the quiet trickle of flowing water – helps to put you in a relaxed state.
There is very little downtime, if any, for our procedures. A few procedures require one or two days downtime, but with most procedures done at Body Perfect™, you can put your make-up on and go!